April 23, 2007

For 24 Hours...

This is me not talking about the fact that we will be deciding our future tomorrow. See, if I were talking about it, my husband would need another 24 hours to have some space that wasn't filled with graduate school discussions. But seeing as how I'm not talking about it, I guess we'll have to (get to?) sit down tomorrow and decide our future. Question: How does one go about deciding their future? This kind of reminds me of planning a wedding, because everyone we talk to knows exactly what we should do but won't give us the money to do it. :-)

I just don't feel old enough to have the kind of wisdom to know what's best for us...what's best for him. I wish it were an easy decision, but it's not. It's difficult for me to go against what everyone is telling me to do, and it's not even my freakin' program! I can't imagine what he's feeling.

I sure am glad I'm not talking about it and am giving him the space he needs.

O Lord, You who steadied the hand of Peter as he began to
sink on the stormy sea, if you are with us, no one is against us.
Grant to us the shield of faith and the mighty armor of the Holy Spirit
to protect us and guide us to do Your will. The future I put into Your hands,
O Lord, and we follow You to a life in Christ. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so what did you decide?!?