May 14, 2007

New Recipe I'm Trying Tonight... (Updated comments in red)

I'm trying a new recipe tonight, that I thought I would share because it sounds so yummy. It's a copy of CPK's California Club Pizza. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes, and what I would change:




1 Pre-made pizza crust
Applewood smoked bacon, chopped (I used regular bacon and chopped into small 1-2 in. pieces)
Chicken tenders, chopped
Mozzarella slices (I shredded mozzarella)
2 roma tomatoes (I just used one)
1/4 head of lettuce, chopped
Mayonnaise (amount is up to you)
1-2 Avocados

Pre-heat the oven for 350 (I turned it to 450 degrees per the instructions on the pizza bag) degrees. Mix the chopped lettuce and the mayonnaise together in medium size bowl. Refrigerate for later.

On the pre-made pizza crust, cover with mozzarella slices (I used the shredded mozzarella), bacon, and chicken. Cook in oven until pizza crust is brown and chicken is no longer pink. (I cooked the chicken in a skillet in some oil until they were a little brown, drained a bit of the oil, and added the bacon. I cooked the bacon and chicken together so the flavors could mix. Then dumped them onto a thick paper towel to drain off the extra bacon oil. I then topped the shredded cheese with the bacon and chicken mixture. I cooked them for 10 minutes. This was perfect timing. The cheese had melted and the crust was browned, but obviously cooking times will vary based on the oven).

Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, while slicing the tomatoes and avocados. Top the pizza with the tomatoes, lettuce, and avocados.

Enjoy! (This turned out to be wonderfully delicious. Even without any sauce, the flavors of the cheese and meat, together with the light vegetables were wonderful. And the husband agreed, too. Success!)

1 comment:

Double Oh Somewhat said...

I had some of your pizza. I give it two taste buds up!